8.08.2010

Week 15

I kind of keep forgetting that I'm pregnant. I know that sounds silly, but I will go go go all day long, and get confused when I start to get tired quicker than before, or when my legs and feet start to hurt. I've also began to sweat a lot more, and my heartbeat goes crazy when I go up one flight of stairs. As I told Rachel when I arrived at her third story apartment, "I feel like a fat kid." I keep having to remind myself that my body is making a tiny little person right now, which takes up a lot of energy. Josh has told me to stop apologizing when I can't get everything done that I wanted to do, and to get enough rest! Just when I start to forget, though, I look down at my growing midsection and remember.

For this week's baby post, we ventured off to a Wildlife Refuge that's about one mile from our house. It's our first time visiting it, and I wonder if I'll go back. You see, it looks so nice and peaceful, but looks can be deceiving.
Here I am picking wildflowers, loving nature...



...when a SNAKE starts slithering around, being a jerk! Josh didn't believe me at first, but I saw it's scary, green-striped body with my own eyes! I had to re-enact the snake's motion just so Josh would believe me.



Being the gentleman that he is, Josh picked some Queen Anne's Lace for me (roots, dirt, and all).




I swear I heard snakes in the trees by this bridge, but Josh tells me I'm making stuff up.


(dress: from Starr; shoes, necklace, and purse: vintage, thrifted)
I love this dress so much! It's from the 1940's,from Starr's shop, Action is the Fruit. I'm definitely testing the strength of the seams around the belly, but I just couldn't wait till next year to wear it! You should check out her shop, because it's full of gorgeous vintage, all beautifully photographed by Starr herself!

I think these next pictures sum up me and Josh perfectly: I like to wear pretty vintage flowery dresses and pick flowers and berries...




...and Josh is thrilled when he finds gross boy things, like a dried up dead snake. He enjoys putting things in his mouth to look silly, making his own "nature's bluetooth", and torturing his wife.



We don't know if Baby is a boy or a girl yet, but I bet you that if we have a little boy, Josh and him will be teaming up to pull pranks on me! I have no doubt that will happen (but it's kind of cute to think about).


Dear Baby:
You have a couple of new nicknames this week, and I'll explain why. You've started to grow really fine, white hair all over your body. It's there to keep your skin protected and to keep you warm, but it makes your daddy and I giggle to think about. I've started to call you my Little Polar Bear, and your daddy likes to call you Fuzzy Little Man-Peach (but we don't know if you're a boy or girl yet!). I hope you don't mind your nicknames, it's out of love, I promise! Also, I apologize for not eating enough food the last few weeks. It's hard to remember to eat so often, but I promise I'll get better at it, and I'll be feeding you lots of yummy snacks so you won't go hungry! You're about 4 inches long now, and even though you're still so tiny, you've grown so so much since we found out about you! Keep up the good work, little one.
We love you so much,
Mommy and Daddy

22 comments:

  1. I love your letters to your baby. And little Polar Bear is already so darling. I had hunch Milo was a girl...I was so wrong. Maybe you'll be surprised :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! that letter is too sweet! Also, I adore that dress, it's stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, those berries look good and nature's bluetooth cracked me up! You look so adorable and that bridge is a lovely little location.

    Your goofy photos are cute!

    B from A plus B

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are soooooo cute! Love that little pouty face!

    And the dress is just darling, suits you very well!

    xoxo
    Solanah
    vixenvintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE ur dress you look stunning xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the contrast between the two of you :) Also, love your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww such a great post, i love reading about these little couple adventures :) Lovely dress too

    L x

    Half Dressed

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love this dress. btw, i woke up at 7:50 this morning. i hope we both have a productive week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look so cute! ah that dead snake Josh is holding is freaking me out! You two are so cute! I love your dear baby posts, it breaks my heart, so so so adorable ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is the most witty and charming post I’ve ever read!!!!♥ yes the dress looks incredible and Josh giving you flowers is extremely cute but what captured my heart was the latter to your future bundle of Joy!!!♥ it’s extremely adorable and cute!! These word wont do it justice even if I try…..(Mommy and Daddy are right kido your doing a good job keep it up)

    Great post Darling♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. That dress is just darling! The letter you wrote to your unborn child is very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww...little polar bear. How cute! You look so perty in these pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I adore the dress and shoes! I found a few dried up lizards last time i visited the desert and hung them from the rearview mirror, tell your man to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the dress very much! so pretty! you two are so sweet and will be lovely parents!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely post! I really like those shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hehehe! This post totally just reminds me of Brett and I. You make me so excited for the future of us and being pregnant! You're soo cute in the dress too. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. ooh look at your cute belly! you guys are just adorable! :)

    Are you have boy or a girl?

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. I know this is an old post, but I had to say it: you look adorable and that dress is so lovely! The letter was beyond beautiful too :)

    ReplyDelete