12.13.2010

week 34

My, oh my, I'm in my 34th week already! Can you believe it!? Time has really flown by, and each week seems to fly by and drag on at the same time. I'm eager to reach the 36 week mark, which means the baby wouldn't be considered premature anymore, and birthing from that point on would have less complications for him.
I've been experiencing a lot of Braxton Hicks contractions in the past week. I'm getting about 2-3 an hour, which is not abnormal, but each one takes me by surprise. At least it's giving me lots of practice to learn to relax my body during contractions! Sleeping has become quite a challenge, and I wake up to the most painful kicks! My midwife told me today that a pain I'm experiencing on the top of my uterus is bruising that the baby has been causing! It's both painful and extremely cute at the same time. How could I be mad at this little guy for hurting me when he's running out of room in there? :)


Life in the past couple of weeks has been so busy! I've been collecting and preparing things for the shop nearly every day so I have a lot on hand when the little one gets here, my mom had surgery last week, and we are busting our butts working on the house. As much as we are eager to meet the baby, we are not quite ready yet. I'm hoping to start washing all of his little clothes and start putting everything in it's place in the next two weeks. I think that'll make all of this sink in a little bit more.

(we have so many squirrels in our yard all the time! Do you see the one in this picture and on the fence in the second one? They're so cute!)

Dear Baby Boy:
Goodness, you're almost here! I can't express how your dad and I are to meet you! You've changed our lives so much already, I can't imagine how it'll be when you're finally here. Lately, we've been thinking a lot about the day we will get to meet you. I just know that the first time we look at your little face, we'll fall so in love with you. Everything we do right now is with you in mind: from the house work, to the meals I cook. Your dad has even become a much safer driver, it's so cute.
You're quite the little active guy in the middle of the night! Even though you wake me up with a swift kick, I love that you have developed your own sleeping patterns. I can tell around what time it is based on if you're awake or not, and I think you're just the cutest little clock there is! You just stay in there for at least a few more weeks, fatten up a bit while we work hard, and then we can meet. Deal?
Love you so much,
Momma

14 comments:

  1. Oh Annie, this post just totally made me smile. What luck your baby has to have entered this world having a mama like you. And, I love the squirrels! We have a really fat one that lives in our backyard that we have lovingly named " Don " :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so adorable!

    http://ilfilodiperlevintage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quit being so cute, I can't handle it!!! You are the best mom, ever. I'm sure your house is on its way to being so cozy and homey.

    And the squirrels!! There is one that is ALWAYS hanging out with the goats (seriously). They are always all side by side in the yard. We call him Larry.

    Oh, and tell that baby I am excited to meet him and teach him poop jokes and other things you aren't supposed to say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah! you're almost there!! that little squirrel is cute ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Annie, you are so cute! It's going to be so fun to see him on here when he arrives :) I hope things continue to go well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't Braxton Hicks feel soooo weird. I felt so strange every time I got one of those!! I'm glad you're doing so well in your pregnancy. You look very healthy too! look at you, so pretty and pregnant and excited!!!!! THat little boy is going to be so very loved! Only a little over a month to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. goodness you look so cute pregnant! ha and i love the squirrls in the backround. so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw you're almost there! This post is oozing adorable-ness. (:

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know I shouldn't laugh, but I thought it was kinda funny that your baby could bruise your uterus from kicking! I had no idea!

    You are so beautiful and glowing! Congratulations on the baby and I hope your mom heals from her surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That letter almost made me tear up. Oh man. I can't wait to see your little guy! He's a lucky fella to have you two as his parents :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my gosh I can't believe you are 34 weeks already!!!! not long now sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a little ahead of you and feeling the same kicks, bumps, and sleeplessness~ I am ready to be done but nervous at the same time. At least I am a little experienced with this- the baby I am a bit clueless about! Good luck,
    Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a perfectly round belly! you're adorable!

    ReplyDelete